Assistant Company Secretary (AM level)
Location : New Delhi
Reporting to: VP - Finance & Company Secretary
Qualifications and Experience:
Academic Qualification Qualified Company Secretary (Preferably with a legal degree)
3 - 4 Years of Industry Experience (Post Qualification)
To support the VP – Finance & Company Secretary in Secretarial, Compliance, Governance and Legal responsibilities and collaborate across functions on these responsibilities.
Roles & Responsibilities: -
- Organize and prepare agendas and papers for board meetings, committees and annual general meetings (AGMs)
- Take minutes, draft resolutions, and file required forms and annual returns under Companies Act and follow up on actions from meetings
- Oversee policies, making sure they are kept up to date and referred to the appropriate committee for approval
- Maintain statutory books, including registers of members, directors and secretaries
- Deal with correspondence, collate information and write reports, ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant company stakeholders
- Assist Company Secretary in advising Board and Audit Committee members of the legal, governance, accounting and tax departments of the implications of proposed policies
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment (Company Law, FEMA etc) and take appropriate action
- Liaise with external partners, regulators and advisers, such as bankers, lawyers and auditors
- Take responsibility for the health and safety of employees and manage matters related to insurance of employees, equipment and property.
- Draft and review contractual agreements with Partners, suppliers and customers
- Drafting & vetting of different types of legal documents, agreements, MOUs, POAs, shareholders agreements, investment agreements, etc.
- Dealing with lawyers and briefing them on legal issues for their opinion/advice and assist business functions on all legal matters in day to day business;
- Assist in legal due diligence of prospective partnership.
- Management of litigation initiated by and against the company and liaisoning with external counsel for the same;
- Monitor the India legal environment and providing constant updates to the management team on relevant legal / regulatory changes.
Good to have:
- Experience of working in a multi – cultural environment.
Key Personal Attributes :
- Self - Management
- Time and Priority Management
- Team Work & Collaboration.
- Ability to Learn and Grow
About MSD Wellcome Trust Hilleman Laboratories
MSD Wellcome Trust Hilleman Laboratories (Hilleman Labs), is a joint venture between Merck & Co., Inc. (which operates in India as MSD Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.) and Wellcome Trust, a global charitable foundation dedicated to human and animal health. Headquartered in New Delhi, India, Hilleman Laboratories is an international organization supported by a global leadership and scientific team, which is working to develop safe, effective, affordable and sustainable vaccines for developing countries.
Please send in your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org